Blog Goals.

2:35 PM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »
Hello to all of our friends and family. Justin and I are in the second month of waiting for our referral for a baby to adopt from Ethiopia. We started this process last year (around May), completed our homestudy in October, and received CIS approval in January. We have been on the official waiting list since January 16, 2007. Our agency, Wide Horizons for Children, has told us that the wait time will be 10 to 12 months.

My plans for this blog include the following: First, this will give me a way to update you on any news we receive about our referral or adoption process. Second, I hope it will keep you informed about adoption information we are ingesting (including book reviews and adoption in the media). Third, this blog will give me a forum to air my thoughts about impending motherhood and hopefully receive support during this long waiting process.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kat, I am so glad that you are doing this! As your friend (and I am sure I can speak for others), there are many questions that come to mind about all of the areas you hope to address in this blog. I am excited to read your thoughts. Thanks so much for blogging!

Diane Burton said...

Dear Justin & Kathryn,

I love the blog...we are anxiously waiting with you for our beautiful grand baby. We love you and are so proud of your commitment.

Love,
Grandmama Burton

Cara said...

Just wanted to tell you that I think it's great you are planning to keep people up to date through this blog. So many people love and support you guys and want to be kept posted...
Lucas and I are excited for you guys and so excited to meet baby B!
Let the countdown begin!