I am not a pretty girl.

7:09 PM Edit This 0 Comments »




We went with friends to see one of my favorite girl-with-guitar singers last night. I try to pinpoint what it is that I love about Ani and I think it comes down to empowerment. Her lyrics speak of idyllic equality, tolerance, and love in all forms. There are so many songs that speak the words that I hope to embed in the heart of our baby. Another thing that I enjoy about Ani concerts is that as a woman I am the majority. I am the one with power. This is nothing compared to how my child may feel in a room full of African Americans or walking the streets of Harlem, but a maybe a glimpse. That thought makes me appreciate the experience all the more.

Besides that... going anywhere with Justin, Amy, and Ernie is time well spent. Amy is pregnant with their first, a little boy. He danced in utero throughout the entire concert!

0 comments: