No way.

8:13 PM Edit This 6 Comments »

So, as of tomorrow, I will have been married for five years. No way. That is something for old people. That is almost out of newly wed range. Five big ones. I am happy to say that I still dig it. I am pretty sure he still digs me, and I like him a bit too. Of course, reality has set in. We used to be really good about always going away for our anniversary. Nothing big, but one night away. This year, on our anniversary, I will work from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Justin will work from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. Happy anniversary to us! This weekend we have stuff planned with other people Friday and Saturday nights! Oh well. We are thinking of throwing ourselves a fifth anniversary party in the next couple of weeks.

We had a good Christmas. We traveled to Michigan to visit with my family--some of whom flew all the way from South Korea. My cousins are fabulous, as are aunts and uncles. And, as you know, my immediate family is pretty alright too. We missed J's family. We did also see some of J's pseudo-family in West Virginia which is always a blast.

On the adoption front (yes, I know, get to it already):
The last weekly update email we got from the agency had three referrals where families waited only 15 months! That means that we could be looking at a referral as soon as mid-March. Now that it is getting close-ish to happening, I am not quite sure if I am ready... go figure! On to finish the masters thesis and get the house semi-organized. We also have to make sure all of our paperwork is up-to-date, as CIS fingerprints, I600-A, and Child Abuse Clearance Forms all expire after 12-18 months. Fun, fun.

Hope the holidays were happy for all...

6 comments:

Jessicca said...

Happy Anniversary Kat! Five is a nice milestone. Hope you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!! hope you find some time to celebrate. we are right behind you...well, sort of. ok, in 3 and a half more years. :)

happy new year kat!!
xx

Gretchen said...

Five years....I can't believe it!! Congrats, and best wishes in the new year!

Josh and Marcie said...

Happy anniversary Kat! Josh and I had our fifth this year as well and I can't even remember what we did. That is how minimal it was. I guess that is a sign we are getting old. Praise God for the possiblity of getting your referral soon. That is awesome. I will pray for that I think about you all the time. Keep us posted. You WILL be a mom THIS year!

Brooke said...

here's to hoping you become a parent during this fifth year of marriage!!!

Tony said...

happy avinersary. and happy new year. and merry belated christmas! hope you guys are doing well. Ash and I miss ya'll!