Randomness

7:27 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
Sometimes I can't really think of a whole post topic, but have some 'randomness' to chat with you all about.

1. If you think about race at all, you should totally check out this website:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com
Really funny. It is pretty right on. Makes you think about some of the idiosyncrasies of White American culture.
2. Been reading up on White Racial Identity Development. If you are White, when did you first start thinking about race? What was the trigger or starting point? I will share more theories as I read more.3. Had a great weekend in NYC with my girls L and C. Loved them since High School (which otherwise was a total waste of three years). They have only become more wonderful since then.


4. OBSESSED with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Yes, yes... I know it is 'Young Adult Fiction' but I love it. I have even re-read the series. (Some might know me well enough to note that there might be some procrastination of my paper involved here.)


5. So done with my current job it is ridiculous. SO SO DONE. I am telling you... if it weren't for this adoption, I would have quit and would be fine living on peanuts. I am placating myself by thinking about possible options for future employment... culinary school anyone? (As if I don't have enough debt already... :))

3 comments:

QB said...

I just had such a thorougly enjoyable hour of procrastination on the stuffwhitepeoplelike blog, and wish this work thing would stop getting in the way of my intimate relationship with the internet. Thanks for the link. It is too funny.

Jennifer Hanson said...

Ryan and I are staying at the Vermont Culinary Institute on our way back from Montreal in May. For an extra $220 I could have gotten us a cooking class and we could have eaten our own 3-course meal. I decided not to splurge and we'll just stick to pasta.

JRB said...

stuffwhitepeoplelike has destroyed any chance of being productive at work this morning. Thank you.