Alright Already.

12:32 PM Edit This 7 Comments »
Number one: So, where the heck is my CIS approval?
Number two: Where is my 'stimulus' check from the good ole U.S. of A.?
Number three: Why can I not get ahold of the person at my adoption agency who can confirm that our acceptance paperwork was received (over a week ago) and we are officially on the travel list???

Number four: I am having mood control issues.

We were super productive yesterday. My friend C came down to paint Emm Adu's room. We did it--picked out paint, taped, painted two coats, and managed to drop loads of cash at Target all in about 6 hours. Then, as I was standing in the room with J in the evening--just before bed--I lashed out. "Why are you hovering in here? Just let me stand here and take it all in! I am overwhelmed; Can't you get that?" Or basically word vomit to that effect. It is true, there were some context clues that might have led me to think he was hovering, waiting for me to be done nesting (for the day), so that we could go to bed. We do have a history of me moving the furniture around, trying to get everything 'just right,' and him grudgingly doing the manual labor. However, what was really happening... he was enjoying the moment with me, feeling a bit overwhelmed himself. Geez.

Number five: People who have waited 16 months for a referral shouldn't have to go to their boring day jobs while they are waiting for their travel calls. I am worthless here.

Pics from yesterday:

By the way: For those of you who have asked: We can't post pictures of him yet. He officially still belongs to Ethiopia and they take protecting their children very seriously. So, as soon as he is legally ours, we will post his cute little face on this nice password protected blog. Till then, I gotta do what I gotta do to make sure he ends up with me!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

You can try this to figure out where your stimulus payment is - https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC&selectLanguage=en
although it has not yet discovered where ours is, I assume it should work for most people. Otherwise there would be absolutely no purpose for having it.

Nursery is adorable!

Lauren said...

Ugh, I don't think that link is even going to work. Try this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/6yz8qd

Carol said...

Your maternal instincts are kicking in and getting stronger! Move over people she wants her baby and Gma CC wants her grandson!
The nursery looks so great! What are we going to do with the windows. :) hugs and love
to you

QB said...

The room looks great! I hear you on the mood swings. I am coming down off the referral high and into the alright already stage. I was so happy to see group 64 announced. We will get there.

Diane Burton said...

The room and the bed look great. As hard as it is for the Burton grandparents to wait, I can't imagine what you and Justin are going through. Everytime I look at his picture (which is a lot - it's right by the kitchen), I visualize myself holding him. Granddad Ken just stops and stares at him - he is so looking forward to holding him, too.
We love you guys and are praying for baby Emmett Adu.
Love,
Grandma Diane :)

Josh and Marcie said...

Hey girl! I love the bedding. Where did you get it? The room is looking good and I look forward to seeing pictures of Emmett in the crib.

Anonymous said...

i love the room! wow two coats of paint and taped in 6hrs...thats impressive. my husband would still be taping :)