In Awe.

10:40 AM Edit This 2 Comments »

I am truly in awe of my own husband. I know, I know... a mushy 'husband' post. But, really, if you aren't also in awe of my husband, it is only because you don't know him. Honestly, that could be the ONLY reason. In the past month, he has written two papers (35 pages in the last nine days), worked three part-time jobs, taken me out on a couple of dates, hosted people in his home, maintained relationships with our friends, dedicated his son, been an effective and compassionate parent, and continued to get up once or twice per night with Emmett Adu for night-time feedings, all while applying to competitive academic jobs for next year.

Today we leave for a little trip. The little man and I will spend the weekend in WV with family friends while J presents at a Pop Culture conference in Cincinnati on the movie No Country For Old Men.

See you next week.

2 comments:

Carol said...

You are right on the JJ post!! He is amazing and working so diligently to finish his paper and apply and get things done so that he can have a job he loves that pays him what you need. Of course there is the other (most important) job he loves of being with you and raising an amazing happy son, who also pays him with wonderful smiles and sloppy kisses!
Love you all! Gma CC

Diane Burton said...

I have known for 28 years that he is amazing - thank you for loving him and being a great wife to him and a wonderful mother to Emmett Adu.
Love you - Justin's mom...also known as Grandma Diane :)