Sleeping Arrangements

4:13 PM Edit This 4 Comments »

As many of you know, Em has been in a co-sleeper since he has been home with us. For a while we switched sides of the bed and took turns getting up with him and caring for him during the night. During my bout with salmonella, the sleeping arrangements became more solidified... Justin slept by the co-sleeper and had night duty. Last week some time, Em let us know that the co-sleeper wasn't really working for him anymore... when he'd wake up, he would kick our bed--making the whole bed shake. He didn't have room to move around in there as he is almost as big as the co-sleeper! So, we thought we'd make 'the transition' to the crib. I thought, 'He is 8 months old now, he will be fine in there.' The crib is in the bedroom right next to ours. The walls are thin, the walk between rooms is short, and the little room is so cute... Well, as it turns out, I am not fine with him in there. The time it takes for us to get up to meet his needs in the night is too long for me. I don't like knowing he is in there by himself. He often wakes up scared and crying, and I hate that. And, be it because of 'the transition' or simply because of teething, he hasn't been sleeping as well.

No our bed isn't big enough for him to sleep with us. But, our room IS big enough for his crib. So, he's moving in. I have some serious re-arranging to do. I already know it will be worth it.

Check out this post by AF. Love her.

In other news, our days in the infant carseat have come to an end. He's 20 pounds and really interested in facing forward.

4 comments:

Jennifer Hanson said...

Cute, cute picture! Love Em's outfit!

Ashley said...

you go girl! with our first baby, the crib made "transitions" all over the house...but you see where it landed for good! i let some girlfriends talk me into trying to put him in his own room a couple different times, but within a night or two, each time, i knew it wasn't right in my heart OR his. it was just sad!! i love having all my babies in my "nest" and sooo do they!

also, about the carseat...my older son was huge (24 lbs at 6 months, etc!), but we didn't turn him around until he was about 14 months just because he was totally happy where he was (we didn't use an infant carseat though, just a convertible one). then with #2, we turned his little booty around as soon as he hit 20 lbs at 10.5 months (even though the rules say 12 months)...he loved it! all kids are different, and YOU know what's best for each of yours!!

Diane Burton said...

Love the picture of J & E in the leaves. So cute! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas and how much our baby has grown. I bet he does love sitting forward in the car seat - he can see mom & dad :)

Emily said...

I'm so happy you're back public!! I lost the email invite to the private one and by the time I found it, the invite had expired! I am so glad you guys got the perfect baby. God rocks!