THANK GOD.

9:32 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
What an historic day.

We spent yesterday evening listening to speeches by Dr. King and reading a book about Coretta Scott.

Today we're going into Brooklyn to watch the Oath of Office and Inaugural Speech with friends. We are very excited to participate in this event with others--with our family, but with other people around us.

So, grab your tissue box. Let the power of this day get to you. Let it sink in. Thank God-- For my son whose skin is brown and whose name is funny, for my family who thinks that service is important and American Values are more than traditional conservatives ones, and for me--a little white girl who carried around a black baby doll in a small white Indiana town. Let change come.

(PS--Thank God too for my mom who is sharing the inauguration wonderment with her 2nd grade class at a private christian school in Arkansas.)

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a wonderful day! Thank God for his grace and will. I am happy to be a part of this historical day. It has been a long time coming and hopefully it will open many doors and instill a sense of hope in many people who have had no hope. There are things about Obama's philosophies that I can't believe in but I am a believer in a God who will be glorified, and because of that I know all things will work together for good. I have been so blessd in sharing this with my second graders. They understand and they cheered, they clapped ( a Wildcat clap) and they prayed for our new president. And I am thankful for what this day will mean to my special Emmett Adugna! Love you all Gma CC

Ashley said...

on tv, i saw a white lady holding a little black baby and i thought of you. the look on her face was indescribable, but i knew i would feel the same way if my precious baby happened to have brown skin. yay america. yay obama. it's about time!!