Pretty good news.

4:13 PM Posted In Edit This 10 Comments »

So, the courts are open. Families are traveling. And from what I can tell on the WHFC Ethiopian Adoption listserve, they are planning to give out travel dates weekly to the families who already have their referrals.

Why is this good news?

The more babies go out, the more room for new babies to come in!

It also means that the courts are processing the paperwork very efficiently which might be indicative of efficiency all around??

In any case, it is good to see some people getting to come home with their little ones.

FYI: We are currently thinking around March for referral. Hopefully we'll have baby close to Uncle Ross's graduation.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Or maybe close to Auntie Jenn's birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me, obviously.

--Jenn

Drew Custer said...

Awesome! That is such good news. I'm so happy for you guys. I bet it won't be long now! And thanks for reading.
Jamie

Josh and Marcie said...

Praise God! Very exciting news! How do you find out about the court process? Do they keep you posted on these things? After the amount of time you have been waiting, it will probably end up going faster than you think, but yet not fast enough!

Sallie said...

yahooooooooooooooooooooooo! that's great!

Carol said...

Yeah!!! I am glad for good news. My prayers are working!!! Now if I can just commit to fasting from chocolate. I am sure that would do it!HHAAHAA
Love gma CC
p.s Uncle Woss will be so proud.

*K* said...

Don't get too excited! We are still thinking march/april... or longer, of course.

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,

I have a friend who is adopting a second time from Russia and she had this link to a couple's site
http://trevkeva.blogspot.com/ (they are adopting from Ethiopia too). Thought you might enjoy looking at the site.

Karen Lykins

Sammee said...

TERRIFIC!! I am very happy for you guys. :) :) Sorry I just checked your blog today. :)