National Adoption Month

10:28 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
Hello all! Hope everyone is having a good end of October. Maybe some Halloween festivities? My Gramma is coming to NJ this week to go on a little trip with the hubby and me to Quebec City. J has a musicology conference (yes, a bunch of music nerds getting together to talk stuff I don't know anything about), and while he's doing that, Gma and I will be traipsing around the historic city of Quebec. I hear mon grandmere is brushing up on her French...
I wanted to let you all know that November happens to be National Adoption Month. November 17 is National Adoption Day. While this day was founded to celebrate children being adopted from the U.S. foster care system, I have decided to re-purpose the day (and the month) to celebrate adoptions of all kinds!

Download your own calendar at www.adoptivefamilies.com. (if you click on the link, scroll to the bottom of the page at AF and you'll see where you can download the PDF of the calendar.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Quebec City. Dave and I took a train to several Canadian cities a few years ago, and I fell in love with that city. I don't know if it's cold enough yet, but at the city gates there is an outdoor ice rink in front of city hall that seems like it is from a scene in a movie. Eat a Beaver Tail (dough and cinnamon) for me. I also love saying "funicular." I'm easily amused.

Karen Lykins

Josh and Marcie said...

Where do you find all your information Kat! I love looking at your website because it is very useful. Thank you for sharing!

Holly said...

Sooo jealous...I've wanted to go to Quebec for a while now. That and Niagara. I think I will regret not getting to those places while we lived close by. Have fun!! Bring me back a postcard for my collection, please :-)