Relative Choices

4:11 PM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
There is a blog on the NY Times site that I wanted you guys to know about. It is called Relative Choices and features many bloggers including Dr. Jane Aronson (our future child's adoption doctor), Hollee McGinnis (an adult transracial adoptee that we heard speak at the St. John's transracial adoption conference we attended last year), along with adoptive parents and several other adult adoptees. The youngest blogger is 13! All authors engage in writing about families created through adoption, politics of international adoption, and highlight how every family and adoption circumstance is different. For me, as an adoptive parent, it gives me the feeling that I am not alone in making the choice to adopt. It also gives me ideas to think about from the perspectives of child and adult adoptees--ways to plan for my future child.

Check it out!

0 comments: