Updates and Other stuff.

1:11 PM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »
I have resolved to be a better blogger than I have been
the past couple of months, so... here goes.


1. The update from WHFC this week had the next family on the list for a single child under 12 months with a date of 10/12/06. Our date is 1/16/07, so we are definitely getting closer. It is weird to really have no idea how many families might have a date between 10/12 and 1/16. So, we really don't know how much longer it will take, but it is nice to see the dates moving along and know that we are making some kind of progress toward becoming a family of three.



2. On 1/5/08, J and I, along w/some close friends, were treated to dinner at Sylvia's in Harlem. The food was delicious and the history of the restaurant is pretty awesome. You should eat there if you are ever in the NYC area. I will post pictures when I am at home.

3. Friday of this week (1/18/08), J and I are throwing a big 5th anniversary bash for ourselves! We spent the weekend talking about it, buying food, and strategizing about how to fit over 25 people in our apartment! I have also watched videos from our wedding recently. So funny and still pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

4. Tomorrow marks one year on the waiting list. ONE WHOLE YEAR. This is definitely longer than I have waited for anything. But, as of now, the wait is going pretty okay for me. I have some stuff to do before we get a referral. Hopefully, when that time comes, I will be ready! (I must admit, I have been thinking about what all I might do on Maternity leave w/Baby B.)

5. Over the past couple of weeks, I became addicted to a book series by Scott Westerfeld. It is a three book series about a futuristic world situation (but not too futuristic). The main character is a teenaged girl who thinks outside of the box (most of the time) and works to save the world. Yes, it is 'young fiction,' but the books Uglies, Pretties, and Specials were quite a fun three days.

6. Last, but certainly not least, we bought a Roomba with some Christmas money. Yes, a robot vacuum. We chose to go the cheap route and buy a factory refurbished one from buy.com. I have to say, he (I decided it is a male) is AWESOME. I love to sit on the couch with a piece of chocolate and watch a robot do the work that I would have been doing. It does a great job on our rugs, hardwood floors, and kitchen/bathroom tile floors. It goes under the couch, under the bed, and under the kitchen table. TOO COOL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with a smile after reading about your new "robot". I was born many years to soon. Think it is great to hear what you are doing and thinking. Much love

Anonymous said...

i definitely think a roomba should be male! There is just something about watching a man do house work that is ok with me :) and you've got a good one doing things for you around the apt. (the roomba and JJ) I too am getting excited as the dates get closer. not much longer I am praying. I find myself cautiously thinking of spring and wondering how I should plan my trips and if CarolDiane will be here for this or that. I am smiling!
Love Mom

holly said...

You know about Extras, right? the fourth story in the uglies/pretties/specials series. I flippin' love those books. Let me know if you want to borrow it!