Privatization

8:26 AM Posted In Edit This 15 Comments »
After some careful consideration, I am taking the blog private. Not to overly scare anyone but there have been reports of a family being denied an adoption by the Ethiopian government due to content on their blog. Mind you, the 'content' was expressly forbidden like posting a picture prior to being the legal guardian of the child. The family was also openly fundraising on the blog which the Ethiopian government is not wild about.

So, if you want to have access to the blog--please send me your current email address and I will add you as 'an invited reader.' It'll be like an exclusive (but free) club.

Even if we aren't friends in real life, but you have been keeping up with the adoption please let me know your address and I would be glad for you to continue reading.

Mostly, I just don't want to think about always censoring myself--especially my feelings about the adoption, adoption process, etc... So, for now, I think this is the best decision.

I plan to leave this up for a week while we visit CALIFORNIA! Then, I will do the whole invite readers-go private thing.

Happy Thursday. K

15 comments:

Sallie said...

hey kat...i wanna keep reading! Please add me to your list salliebreck@gmail.com! thanks! Have fun in Cali!

Emily said...

I've been following and would love to keep reading. I'm a friend of Jonathan and Holly. My email is emily.g.tate at gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn, I found your blog through Holly's blog and I'd really like to be included as a part of your list if you feel comfortable with this. I've enjoyed reading your posts and I've admired your honesty, humor, and the clear growth and development in your understanding of the complex issues involved in interracial adoption. If you'd prefer to limit the list, I'll understand. ~Laura lstevens85@gmail.com

Ashley said...

Hey! I got your message today, and am so excited to send you my email. :) Wish I could have been there for the party. Thanks for thinking of me. Love you!!! -- Ashley
kellum.ashley@gmail.com

Josh and Marcie said...

I would love to still be part of your blog please! I need to keep up on your little one! mhydrick@marshall.k12.mi.us thanks!

Anonymous said...

hey kat
im glad i can still view this!! i miss being one cube over and getting updates! anyway i got your email, call me when you have a chance to talk. cant wait to see you on the 10th! have a safe trip
a*

QB said...

Since we both like Ani & we're both in waiting hell, I'd love to keep following along! Not to mention that I have a serious problem that requires me to obsessively check all blogs linked to mine every five minutes of every day.

katysull369@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat,
I've been reading for a few months and would love to continue! My email is hopehuck@gmail.com. Thanks so much! I hope you guys are doing well.
-Hope Huckeba
p.s. I got to see your parents the other day. I really like them. :)

Anonymous said...

I want to keep up of course, thanks for asking. My e-mail is jessiccamoore@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

tim and i would like to read too. :)
timandrachelwylie at yahoo dot com

Thanks!

Drew Custer said...

Kat,
I would like to keep up with you guys too. My email is jlcuster@hotmail.com.
Jamie

Drew Custer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik said...

Hi Kathryn,
I'd love to keep reading.
luchauer[at]gmail{dot}com

-Sonya

Carol said...

Me me me of course Gma CC @
cladams@harding.edu or cladams2b@gmail.com

Jernigan Family said...

Kat:

I would love to keep following you on this journey. My e-mail is analis.jernigan@gmail.com.

Analisa