Here goes nothing...

11:57 AM Edit This 3 Comments »
So, if you are reading now... you were invited to! I hope this works b/c I literally only added the names of people who emailed me and then family that I know reads the blog. I am not sure what it looks like coming into the blog from a reader's perspective, so I hope people email me if they want to read but weren't invited.

J and I are back from California. It was a really nice time and made me feel ok about yet having a kid :) We stayed with our friends who have three (7 and under), had some good talks about religion, racial politics, politics, and child rearing. And, had some great 7 y/o conversations, 4 y/o conversations, and 2 y/o conversations.

I, of course, am now sick. So, I'll post something more substantive later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! glad you had a nice trip. hope to still see you two this weekend at ritas. anyway thanks for the blog invite. i always enjoy your posts
lots of love
a*

Anonymous said...

hey kathryn! i wish you would write more about what you talked about with your friends, especially about child-rearing theories...it's my favorite topic right now! i have a book you would absolutely love, i think. it is such a heavy read, but it's not a long book. it would definitely help you pass the waiting time. it's called "The Continuum Concept" by Jean Leidloff. FANTASTIC!! let me know what you think!
ashley

*K* said...

am--looking forward to seeing you guys too!! mimosas here we come :)

ash--i haven't heard of that book. mostly, my friend and i were talking about how it is so easy to just revert back to parenting the way your parents parented you, even when you might have other ideas about what is best for your kid. j and I are choosing not to spank or use any kind of punishment that involves hitting, so we are going to have to be really intentional about having other plans in place so that we don't use that punishment 'accidentally' or b/c we can't think of anything else in the heat of the moment. why are you reading parenting books?? :) you have news?? :)