One week and One day to go.

12:48 PM Edit This
I am sitting here in my cubicle waiting out what is my last day in the office for four months. Many friends and co-workers have stopped by to wish me well and ask how I am feeling about my new transition into motherhood. And... I've got to say that I feel mixed emotions. This whole process has been one big bag of mixed emotions. I feel stressed. Stressed that our current situation with Emmett's I600A won't work out in time. (The I600A has been approved and sent to Ethiopia, but by frickin DHL... So, the Embassy in Ethiopia hasn't received it yet... And if it is not there on 7/7/2008 when we are scheduled to have our interview, we will have to reschedule and stay in country until it gets there...) I am stressed about getting the boy put on my insurance. I am stressed that I won't bring enough clothes or formula for him. And all of these things, I know, will most likely 99% work out just fine--but, I can't say that I am not stressed about it.

On the other hand, I honestly feel somewhat detatched. I have pictures of this sweet little tiny boy. They tell me he's mine. I think of him as my own and show his picture off as such, but there is a part of me that hasn't quite bonded yet. I know myself well enough to know that this distant feeling is part of the way I work when I am anxious and will eventually go away.

Finally, I am pretty ecstatic. For those of you who know me well, getting off work for four months--for almost any reason--is my life long dream. I don't think I've been off work this long since I started working. I am pretty pumped that we are finally moving to a new stage of the adoption process. I am SO SO SO excited to meet him and get to know him and share him with Justin. I can't wait to see J as a father. He is perfectly suited for this job, and it will be a beautiful thing to watch. I never thought I would say the following, but here it goes: I am having a hard time waiting to use all the delicious little baby parapheralia that we have gotten over the past couple of months... Confession: I used the stroller the other day to take my little 4 y/o friend Yannis to the park. It was awesome.

So--there you go. My feelings in a blog post. I may block comments to this one.

Other Updates:
Today: emailed release of information to Congressman Rush Holt in order for him to advocate with CIS and NVC (National Visa Center) for us and E.
7/4-7/12 Ethiopia
7/11-7/13: Gramma CC, Gdad Glen, and Grandma Diane arrive (along with all NJ and NYC buddies)
7/15: E's first appointment with our Dr.
7/17: E's appointment with Dr. Aronson in NYC (IA doc)
7/25 ish: Gramma CC leaves
8/3ish: Auntie Jenn and Uncle Ry Ry
8/15: travel to AR
8/17: Shower in S-town
8/24: Shower in MH
8/29: Return to NJ and really settle in...for the long haul... :)