AH-doon-yah. That's how you say it.

6:11 AM Edit This 6 Comments »

So, now that I have been told I am a tease for just posting a couple of pictures and not the whole story... I will tell you that I'll post the story... later...

Suffice it to say that the trip was good--hard--challenging--long--exhausting--but very very rewarding and good. We did all that we went to do--met EmAdu's first family, had a successful Embassy Visa appointment, and observed his country and structure of his life to this point. Plus, we came home (yes... a 16+hour plane ride) with a beautiful, need I say perfect, little boy.

He is a bit sick right now. Low grade fever, major congestion. But, he is going to the best of the best doctor this morning. Then to lunch at Alice's Teacup with Aunties Mimi and Niff. :)

The real reason why I haven't been able to post more is that we have had TONS of people at the house. Pretty normal for us, but with a new variable in the equation (Em) I haven't had much internet time.

I will leave you with a link, username, and password for two video clips of our arrival and of Em his first afternoon home.
http://gallery.me.com/rmhanson#100000
username: letmeseeemmett
password: now!

http://gallery.me.com/jennhanson#100031
username: emmett
password: adugna

pictures: http://gallery.me.com/rmhanson#100015 and http://picasaweb.google.com/kathrynburton/EthiopiaJuly2008

6 comments:

Jennifer Hanson said...

Of course it wasn't for lack of a laptop in your house that you couldn't get internet time. =)

Good luck at your doctor's visit today!

Jessicca said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!
I can't wait to hear more of the story. Thanks for sharing.

Josh and Marcie said...

I love that picture of you guys! He is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like auntie Niff is a pretty lucky lady. Thanks for letting us share in this with you guys.
I don't think I can say it enough: he is perfect.

Erik said...

Oh, Kathryn. He is beautiful! Thank you for sharing all of those links. I'm so happy for you guys.

:)
Sonya

Haley said...

he is so beautiful! congrats on bringing him home! hope you are feeling better!