quiet example.

11:57 AM Edit This 4 Comments »
Sometimes if you aren't watching, you don't notice the small and powerful things. And, as I have been accused of not sharing my spiritual moments ( :) ), I wanted to share one of the highlights of mine and Justin's Christmas experience this year. As you all know, from my previous post, our house was b-u-s-y busy this year with family and friends all around. But, in the middle of it all, very quietly... my littlest brother grew up. Now, he grew up physically a couple of years ago with a massive growth spurt. This was different. Without saying anything to anyone, he passed out socially conscious gifts to everyone. He ordered his gift wrapping paper from invisible children. He gave me Tom's Shoes. My dad Kibo Coffee. My mom a necklace made by a woman in Uganda.

It was quiet. It was beautiful. Don't think we didn't notice.

(Great... now I am teary eyed at my computer at work.)

4 comments:

Jennifer Hanson said...

Yes, that was definitely very sweet! I was amazed that he even knew of some of those organizations. It makes my work seem even more important as I hope more kids pick up this kind of social awareness early in their lives.

Anonymous said...

thanks Kat. i'm glad you noticed. I love you. :)

(and the necklace company is Suubi. if you wanted to link to it its http://www.suubiafrica.org)

Diane Burton said...

I noticed that, too. And, he shared why he changed his major in school and what his plans are for the future - he has a huge heart for giving, just like his sister and parents.

Holly said...

Very nice!!

I like your new template!! I was looking at a similar one not long ago (I think it wasn't green in the background but had similar viney stuff)...but I think I'm gonna wait till the baby comes to make the commisserate change in the blog look. I just hate that you lose all your links and stuff...such a pain to redo!!