Medical Updates

4:22 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
us at J.A.'s office
So, I will keep the blog updated about medical stuff we are learning about E.Adu. mostly because our family wants to know. I want everyone to keep in mind, though, that other countries view medicine differently than ours and just because I brought my baby home with a couple of 'extra features' doesn't mean that he wasn't properly cared for in Ethiopia--just that people there live with things that we wouldn't think of just living with because we have the resources not to. And--I feel pretty protective of his medical info so don't think I feel like I have to give you all of it--I just want to give an accurate representation of what families who adopt internationally go though and learning about medical issues is part of that.articles about her awesomeness
List of things we are 'working on' and how we are working on them:
Salmonella---Liquid Cipro (antibiotic) 2x/day
Cryptosporidium (parasite)---Alinia (given after Cipro is finished)
Anemia---Liquid Iron supplement (mixed with bananas)
Acid Reflux---Liquid Zantac 2x/day
Rickets (vitamin D deficiency)---15 minutes of sunlight per day
Ear Wax---Debrox drops 2x/day

J taking stool samples

3 comments:

Holly said...

ohh, I remember the days of scraping diapers, and hoping we'd have enough to put in the vial, and running them over to Quest. Fun stuff. Hope the results come back with good news!

madelynmom said...

i hope all the sickness is over soon! sorry you're sick again...no fun with a baby. btw, barring sickness or disaster I WILL be coming to Searcy for the shower. i'm not missin' a chance to see that little man in person...these opportunities will be too few and far between!

jch said...

Laura and I have long contemplated adoption. I'm glad I found you guys here and can read about the process that started so long ago. I hope you don't mind us peeking in.

peace -- Joe