Sorry for the absence.

2:50 PM Posted In , , , Edit This 3 Comments »
I guess sometimes I just don't feel like writing. This space between now and when school ended has been filled with work, social events, and laziness... As many of you know I am quite the connoisseur of lazy. I consider it an art form that requires discipline and practice. The ability to say, 'I will not clean the bathroom now,' or 'We will eat out again today,' does not just come naturally. (okay, well it might come kind of naturally... :)) Plus, one must have the right gear--a comfy couch, old lounge-ish pants, a good movie or book. AND, all of this (attitude and gear) must align at the right time in order for pure laziness to commence.

So, I think the lazy period is coming to a close and the 'back to work' period is on the rise. This weekend involved cleaning the house, emptying the fish tank (yes, our dear Lamont passed on), as well as visiting friends. I have grand plans to get back to the library in July and work on my paper.

Also, the whole family is coming in August (even gma suzie) to play with Justin and me.

On the baby front: Referrals are still coming slowly to our agency. I am pretty content with the thought that we won't know anything until next Spring. I am beginning to give myself permission to feel like I really do have a baby on the way. I make sure to walk through the baby aisles whenever we are at the store and think about what our baby might need. I might even get back to working on the quilt... Once this baby comes, we will have him or her for the rest of our lives. So, why not enjoy these last several months just the two of us?

3 comments:

Holly said...

I completely agree with your attitude for the wait, and I know how difficult it is to get to that level of 'acceptance'. But you are SO right -- once he or she comes home, you will be parents forever. So take advantage of being able to go to the shore and just read and nap. Sleeping in. Go to a movie or comedy club and not pay twice the fee in babysitting. Did I mention sleeping in?

Erik said...

Hi Kathryn! You guys are amazing, I know you will be blessed by Baby Burton. I'm sure the waiting is driving you CRAZY. I've enjoyed catching up on your lives...
Love,
Sonya

Lindsey Eason said...

As for the lazy gene...I have it!...however, once you have kids, the lazy gene most become the recessive gene and the more dominant gene or trait ("get-to-it'ness"...ok, I know that's not a word but it kind of works) must take over. That is very unfortunate too!!! SO, having said that, I can't begin to imagine how difficult the wait must be for Baby Burton, but...do try to enjoy being lazy and having "couple time"!!! Sounds like you both are having a great attitude!!